Re: (TV) My online TV review's up

Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the link!  Good article, too.  So...Tom played a
> Telecaster this week?

Tom did NOT play a Tele this week.  He played the same hybrid I
saw him play last year at the silent fim show w/ Jimmy Ripp.

It's got a Strat neck. a vaguely Strat-ish body (but it's not)
and Danelectro lipstick-tube pickups.  He played it through a
Matchless amp and had a bizarro amp/speaker cab setup alongside it.
The amp looks like a lot of the other amp stuff he sold recently
through eBay.  There was a 2nd Matchless towards the back of the stage;
a spare, I'm assuming.

Richard was playing a Strat (and from where I stood, it looked like
he had the pickup switch taped in a particular position).  He was using
a Vox combo amp, a change from the Line 6 modelling amp he used when
I saw the RL Band play Boston last summer.

Fred had a Fender Jazz bass.  His speaker cabs were Hartkes, but I
couldn't see the head.

Now, for such a gearhead who is particular about his tone, Tom's
setup sure hummed like a bastard.  It was rather distracting during the
quiet pieces, though when the band was rocking, it was no problem at all!