Re: (TV) R&R Hall of Fame

"gregg luvoxx" <murderedman@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Usually those TV sound guys who hark
> back to the Jackie Gleason days delight in emasculating rock bands
> (SNL is a big offender in this area) The sound mix was surprisingly
> good. I had it hooked into my stereo and delighted in thick bass
> and ringing guitars. There was plenty of music and the yip-yap was
> kept to a minimum.

It has a whole lot more to do with whether you are mixing for tiny
little TV speakers or real listening environments than the age of the
audio producer.

SNL figures (in all likelyhood correctly) that the vast majority of
people are listening as they watch TV without any sort of amplification
or external speaker cabinets, and they mix appropriately.