(TV) Weller - new direction! (OT)

Andy,

Paul Weller today announced his latest "new direction". "It's a kind of
short, melodic, guitar-driven rock kind of type of thing with a sort of
North-Eastern flavour to it. With punchy little guitar breaks. I know it
sounds Cheesy but I invented it all myself in my own head, and there are
no men with beards anywhere in it."

Weller announced the release of his new four track CD: "White Socks" EP.
Track listing:
"Paula's on the Bandwagon"
"Posier Than You"
"Sid Strange"
"White Socks"

"Nobody in the entire history of Woking ever done anything at all like
this ever before, honest," said Weller, "it's the greatest thing I've
invented since I invented Mod back in the days of the Jam".

Weller also announced the advent of a new haircut to go with the new
direction and seemed philosophical about the possibility of his brand
new music not taking him to the top of the charts: "If it doesn't work
out I can always rediscover fake white soul crap, and I've still got the
Blues to invent.