Re: (TV) review of 'land 1975-2002'

In a message dated 4/5/2002 5:38:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pobbard@yahoo.com writes:

> Yeah, but I bet they're just trying to be hip, imitating Television omitting
> "Adventure" from ADVENTURE. (And, in fairness, Smith's own WAVE is missing
> the
> quasi-title track).

Good point! I remember putting out a quiz at one point asking "what do the
following albums have in common", and the common thread was that the artist
did record the title track, but put it on another album. Queen's "News Of The
World" and Led Zep's "Houses Of The Holy" leap to mind as examples. I had a
couple others, but I'm blankin' on 'em now. Oh, and I had The Who's "Face
Dances" as a "sort-of fits" because Pete Townshend recorded "Face Dances Part
II" on a solo album.

       -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
   -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert