RE: (TV) Often overlooked - new overpriced Ebay record??

From: "Howard Webb" <howard_webb@blueyonder.co.uk>
I'd want my identity protected if I spent so much on such a badly mastered, easily available CD as the Virgin budget release of Cover. $117! Perhaps it was the words VERY RARE which swayed the bidders. I'm sure I have lots of VERY RARE junk around my house which I could sell on Ebay.

Yes, you may be correct, if "Cover" was indeed an established rare item.
But, there's no way for an seller to know in advance what the bid was going to be that high in a real auction for a non rare item. Unless it was planned, since this is the first time "Cover" bid is way above it's possible ebay $30 value. It's a hoax. But I don't know the motive, besides inflating the price up. Jokingly, maybe the recent Television shows in LA and NY spurned such a huge interest in our "obscure" legend of a band that all Television, Verlaine and related works are now worth monetary what they are worth to the true fans, but still "Cover" is not worth $117. Maybe MM, Adventure, Tom's debut, Dreamtime and Warm & Cool :^) (These are all priceless, btw).

Remember, even Tom's guitar revealed the bidders and we haad a little fun trying to place the bidders.

Henry