(TV) Cover (Was: Ebay Madness Strikes Back)

>In message <MABBKKLNJKPLHEEEBHLOMECGCPAA.murderedman@earthlink.net>,
>gregg luvoxx <murderedman@earthlink.net> writes
>'
>The rarest and most sought after of Tom Verlaines solo works. This, his
>fourth solo release, is intimate, accessible and warm. A thing of
beauty.

>How come no-one but me loves it then?

I bought Cover as a cutout on a whim a year or so after it came out,
knowing nothing about Verlaine or Television, and thought it was great--I
was a teenage girl, so I really liked the whole idea of tall,
good-looking men singing playful songs about sex. I poked around a little
bit, and found out that he'd been in this band called Television that
many of my favorite bands also liked. So, I bought a copy of Marquee Moon
and was hooked. (I didn't even mind the lack of playful songs about sex.)

I think I'm going to relurk now that I've completely destroyed all of the
credibility that I ever had on this list. :-)

Christine "Green Leafy Dragon" Indigo, Roguelike/Interactive Fiction
Missionary
and Proud Member of the -=UDIC=-
christineindigo@juno.com