(TV) Bellrays

on 7/4/02 10:53 AM, TV Digest at tv-owner@brainiac.com wrote:

> Anyway headlining were the Bellrays, I believe from LA. I'd read some bits
> and pieces about them and was intrigued. Definitely recommend them. They put
> on a hell of a show. Didn't want them to stop. Can't really describe them
> but a bit like MC5 with a wicked female soul singer. She should be a star.
> Also reminded me of bits that I've heard of the Dirtbombs. Sorry but am a
> bit drunk(doing a Howard!).
> They had sold out of Cds. Anyone know where I can get anything by them?
> Go see this band if you get the chance. You may hate them but I loved them.

The second and third albums are available on the net.

Try:
http://cheap-cds.com/surf/home
www.cduniverse.com
www.cdconnection.com
for the best prices.

The most recent one("Grand Fury") disappointed me as it was more jams than
songs, but I'm being persuaded to go back and have another listen by people
whose opinion I value. The second album, "Let It Blast", is a fantastic dose
of under-produced garage soul. "In the Light of the Sun" is the 1992 album
that I only just picked up (I think it's been re-issued) and will be hard to
find. My advice is don't bother - it's a glossy stab at the mainstream soul
market.

Craig

The I-94 Bar: Sydney Rock Action via The Bowery and Motor City
http://www.i94bar.com
PO Box 105  Mortdale  2223  Australia