Re: (TV) On The Beach

"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home." --
Ken Olsen, President, Chairman and Founder Digital Equipment Corp., the world's
second-largest computer manufacturer until the late 1980s, in 1977.

"Oh yeah, and I also really liked it when early personal computers used audio
tapes instead of floppy disks and CD-ROMs for data storage. Sure, the tapes
held much less data, they degraded erratically, and as a result you never knew
if you were getting the right/correct data from them, but there was this
tangible warmth and presence to the whirring audio tape that I just can't find
in CD-ROMs, Zip disks, etc. I would use one all the time, except then I
couldn't write to this list to badmouth digital technology." -- Me, as posted
to this list on February 7th, 2002.

--Philip