(TV) Old Tom & Hall & Oates / Strokes on Letterman

Sorry about the lousy formatting/spacing of that last 1984 Village
Voice piece---I probably screwed it up with carriage returns at my
end.

As far as Verlaine questioning Hall and Oates (kind of boggles the
mind just imagining it, doesn't it!?), I have never seen/read the
original source of this.  Can anyone on list recall anything about
it? (Or do you think the Village Voice writer was pulling the readers'
proverbial legs?)

Speculation:  Our Tom was quite the social butterfly back then, and
would frequently host these well attended and extended salons/soirees
on the front stoop of his tiny old apartment, during which most
of NYC's literati and intellectuals (e.g., Hall and Oates) would
wax philosophically on some of Tom's favorite musicians such as Ravel
and Neil Young.

	Leo

PS:  Saw the Strokes on the David Letterman Show last night. The one
song they played reminded me more of the NY Dolls than of Television
---not that the Strokes' lead singer was any Johannsen, it was more of
a similarity of the song's guitar chords, the lead guitarist's demeanor,
and his jumping around on stage.