Re: (TV) For the guitarists on the list (not me)...

--- Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:

> The short answer: check out the main riff.  Not a
> whole lot of rich
> harmonic material there--it's a very simple riff.
> And yet TV's able
> to spin out these phrases that respond to the riff
> in different ways,
> increasing the tension in rhythm and interval,
> pushing against it,
> pulling away, seeming to depart, resolving, then
> pushing up the
> tension again, and then finally coming back to the
> theme in a really
> satisfying way.  The solos go on for quite a while
> there, and he
> never exhausts them (for me, anyway).

I know I am biased, but I believe this is the greatest
guitar solo I will ever hear.  You can FEEL the emotion.

=====
"If every museum in the New World were emptied, if every
famous building in the Old World were destroyed and only
Venice saved, there would be enough there to fill a full lifetime with delight.  Venice, with all its complexity and variety, is in itself the greatest surviving work of art."  --Evelyn Waugh