Re: (TV) For the guitarists on the list (not me)...

I would like to go on record as saying that one of
my least favorite ways of
people describing someone's playing is as some
emotional quality that can be
felt. I'm not trying to be rude

I don't know about that. Vocalists can show emotion through their singing, so I don't see why musicians can't show some emotion through their playing. Although I kind of understand what you mean. But to my mind, whether or not you like the music, someone like Paul Kossoff always sounded to me like all his problems were coming out in his playing. Unfortunately the problems never left him. I guess Peter Green would be another good example.If I sat here long enough I could think of loads of examples. I could think of many more though where no emotion is shown. But I won't go down that road as I don't want to get into another EC is a boring, royalty loving tossbag etc etc. I myself used to get very emotional when I used to drum.......but I think that was because I was bloody useless!