Re: (TV) For the guitarists on the list (not me)...

--- DAYKARAK@aol.com wrote:
> >Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 21
> I would like to go on record as saying that one of
> my least favorite ways of
> people describing someone's playing is as some
> emotional quality that can be
> felt. I'm not trying to be rude

no offense taken.  I can't think of any other way to
describe it.  Perhaps "emotive" is more accurate (i.e,
expressing or evoking emotion), but that clarification
probably won't do it for you.  I just know that
subjectively, the solo on Freebird does nothing for
me, it makes me feel nothing whereas LJJ makes me feel
the power of what is being expressed through the
music.  I can picture the musician pouring everything
into the music, the musician and the musical
expression as one.  Just like great Coltrane or Miles'
solos, and that's why I believe many have compared
Verlaine's style to jazz more than classic blues rock
and roll.

=====
"If every museum in the New World were emptied, if every
famous building in the Old World were destroyed and only
Venice saved, there would be enough there to fill a full lifetime with delight.  Venice, with all its complexity and variety, is in itself the greatest surviving work of art."  --Evelyn Waugh