RE: (TV) Burning Cds Endangered / Costello

Canada came up with a solution to cd burning, there is
a royalty attached to each and every cdr sold and it
is somehow distributed back to musicians based on
their sales (i.e. the more you sell legit the more you
get from the cdr's).  SOCAN (Can. version of BMI or
ASCAP) happily informed me of this and how it will
benefit me, the ripped off musician.  Personally, if
anyone is ripping and distributing my cd's, thank-you
you are saving me a good chunk of coin.  As I sell
diddly squat and radio play is minimal I get nada from
SOCAN other than the good feeling of knowing that my
cdrs support suffering musicains such as my good
friends Alanis, Celine, and Bryan.

There is also no exemption for musicians / programmers
/ etc who legitimatly use cdr's for purposes other
than burning (c) music not of their own.

Personally, a burnt cd goes by the crap factor: i.e -
More than four good songs and I'll buy it for the
actual cd (they, IMO are still of better quality and
durability than a cdr) and for all the goodies that
come with it (cover, credits, bio, pics, etc),
anything less is crap and is not worth it.  Simple
economics of cost and value I guess.

This is feeling a little deja vu as I think this
discussion happened two or three years ago and I gave
a similar response...

"Oh, I've wasted my life"
Comic book guy, Simpsons

greg