(TV) Brenda Kahn's TV attitude

I found this (self-penned?) description. I haven't heard her new lineup,
haven't seen her play in like ten years, seems she mostly plays in NYC
these days. I used to see her all the time when I lived there and always
thought she was an interesting songwriter and a pretty wild acoustic
guitarist, but her David Kahan-produced stuff is pretty limp:
http://www.womanrock.com/brenda/concerts.html
http://www.audiogalaxy.com/pages/review.php?band_id=87651
"The Brenda Kahn Band is the newest musical project from two-time Lilith
Fair performer and music industry veteran Brenda Kahn. Called "the
Punk-folk Priestess of the Lower East Side", Kahn has released five CDs on
major and indie labels (COM3, Columbia, Shanachie, Rocket 99) and has
shared the stage with legend lyricist, Bob Dylan, the original pop-punk
band, The Kinks, and new wave pioneer David Byrne. Kahn is known widely
for lyrical prowess and a gutsy acoustic guitar style. In her latest
musical project she has cast aside that famous Maple Martin, moving
gracefully into a more pop arena melding the telecaster sound with drummer
Kim Powell's distinct talent for harmonies. The band has been likened to
The Breeders but their attitude is a bit more Tom Verlaine's Television."

np:
Bill "Moon Man" Renfrey - Moon Thing
Lou Christie - Baby, We Got To Run Away
Raymond Scott - Sleepy Time
http://www.gregglopez.com
"Anna Marie's dead," they told me, "You're Patty now," and it was as if
she really did die. When people take away your name, they are taking away
you're identity. What had happened to that Anna Marie person, I wanted to
know. Could she be dead? Where'd she go? I felt as if they'd killed part
of me, and in truth they had.