RE: (TV) Re: rumors /Just The Freakin Facts please / Prove It

Leo,

your points are well taken.

> But to claim that he was "... part of a scene that
> included legendary heroin use/abuse and that
> traded on/played up that aspect of the scene" is sheer
> balderdash.

my sentence was ambiguous, sorry.
here's what i meant:

	TV was part of the scene.
	the scene itself traded
	on and played up that aspect ...

i wasn't commenting on whether tom as
an individual used or did not.

i wasn't even commenting on whether tom as an
individual used the mythology of drugs, although
(as an aside) i would point to jay's comment
about the suggestive maplethorpe album cover
as support for the idea that many artists traded on
heroin's powerful image, whether or not they used.

> TV was never part of any drug scene; Jesus, he pretty much wasn't
> even part of the music/social "scene" then. He was just as much the
> loner (paranoid individualist?) then as he is now; he
> didn't hang-out. Just the facts please, not the myth.

i disagree with the idea that television can be excerpted
from the NY underground scene. TV can't get away from it, and even
rejection of it would tie him to it. why?  because the
myth is the thing.

> 	Leo
>
> ps: I could say more but I don't want to bring out the
> heavy evidence and artillery as yet.

i'm sure there's plenty more to say . . .