(TV) dissing sonic youth & re-act-or (re: "heated debates")

sean summed it up w/"the band
"Sonic Youth" is basically a side project for everyones side projects."

while sy hasn't hit the creative peak of the bad moon/evol/sister days anytime lately, imho both "washing machine" and "thousand leaves" are real good discs. "thousand leaves" is particularly psychadelic to my ears. the recordings from the tour actually remind me of the dead in their prime. from what i've heard of their new material from live recordings, i'm hopeful their new disc will rock a little harder than their previous disc.

i'd say "southern pacific" is my favorite from re-act-or. i once saw the del lords turn in an amazing cover of the tune sometime in the mid 80's

sam