Re: (TV) Re: rumors /Just The Freakin Facts please / Prove It

In message <B2D7C52AFC38D61181940004763B1B0A0CD022@vntmail03.volpe.dot.g
ov>, Casey, Leo J <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> writes
>But to claim that he was "... part of a scene that
>included legendary heroin use/abuse and that
>traded on/played up that aspect of the scene" is sheer
>balderdash.

Dunno, Leo, hanging round with/ sharing a stage with Richard Hell and
Richard Lloyd wasn't exactly keeping a low profile...

We don't demand perfection from our musical hero(es), do we? Richard
Lloyd's (admitted) drug problem doesn't stop either of us loving his
music, after all. Partly because, of course, it's none of our business.
Some of Lou Reed's music is sublime but he is, by most accounts, a total
arsehole. Who cares, really?

I don't think you need to defend Mr V. so strongly. If any of these
rumours bothered him then he's free to speak out.

(Personally, I feel that the notion that Tom V. somehow introduced
heroin into Jeff Buckley's life too bizarre to take seriously. Doesn't
mean that rumour shouldn't be mentioned. If the guy would just make some
bloody new music that we could hear then we'd all be discussing that
instead, no?)