(TV) Tenuously On Topic: New Bowie / Intuition fails

Has anyone heard/bought  the new Bowie album, Heathen?

(I realize that probably most on MM list think of Bowie
as some old fart except for old listers like me--exception:
the forever youthful and (former? Bowie fan), Philip)

To make this slightly on topic:  in my copy of Ira Robbins'
Trouser Press review  of Verlaine 1979 eponymous solo
album Ira talks about "... the vividly desperate 'Kingdom
Come' .....   .... which was covered by David Bowie on his
album 'Lodger' [sic] "

In Boston 2 weeks ago there were adds in local newspapers
telling people  that on such-and-such an evening there would
be a free preview of the new Bowie album at the Berklee School
of Music's  Performance Center.

(Is this a new marketing idea, or does it go back to the 1950s?
Have any MM listers seen such ads in their city?)

For some crazy reason, my intuition told me that
this might actually be a secret live appearance by
Bowie and band (ala Bowie showing up, unannounced
and playing with other musicians at gigs, e.g., playing
keyboards for Iggy Pop at The Rat in Boston
in the 1970s).

So I went down to Berklee School of Music's Performance
Center on the appointed night and snuck around the back
outside area near the loading area/fire escape for stage,
but all I saw/heard was the new album being blasted inside.

	Leo