Re: (TV) Bowie: the music , the man

This has been discussed before on the list. Who knows about the real story behind TMWSTW? Where goes the line between writing and arranging? The legend says Bowie was more interested in producing a Zowie, than writing his own music for the album. On the other hand, neither Ronson or Visconti has ever been song writers in the same division as Bowie. Ronson had to use Bowie stuff to get together his own albums.
It's also, dear -H., a well knows FACT that Bowie HAS given writing credits to the "band around" ever since the mid-seventies. (Definitely since the Eno trilogy.) And I don't think Iggy, Hunter or Reed think that Bowie ripped them off when he helped them with their careers...
Heathen is a very solid album, maybe his most concentrated and focused work since the seventies. And, no doubt, the album proves that Bowie is a great songwriter, except for the covers he has written the songs himself, period.