Re: (TV) Roseland show with LOW a joke right??!! / Bowie live on A&E last Sat

--- "Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> wrote:
> Hey Philip, is this you just kidding about your fantasy show
> at Roseland during which Bowie does your dream set list of all
> of the album Low (probably my all-time favorite--at least in
> my top 3)?

It's no joke. He dressed like the Thin White Duke and played all of LOW and
HEATHEN, in sequence.

See http://www.teenagewildlife.com/wcgi-bin/dcinfo.wcgi?date=20020611

> The different arrangements for some of his older songs
> (at least for a song's first third or half), e.g., "Heroes"
> and "China Girl" were inventive and great.

I like it when does "China Girl" like the Iggy original - not like his 1983
remake - he sort of did this on VH1 Storytellers a few years ago.

> ps: Almost makes me wish I hadn't called him the Ezra Pound
> of rock (for his politics).

No, but it's a great line anyhow!

--Philip