RE: (TV) serious guitar advice needed

If you opt for the "tele of your choice", look for a deluxe or thin line
tele; those are cool. Look for an old maple neck. I've played the same
telecaster for fourteen years (got it in high school) and would never part
with it. Strats have a more comfortably contoured body which to me
suggests a more "mellow" attack.

What do you all think of Rickenbackers? I saw this group the other night
called "the movies" who played after Gary Wilson (amazing show btw); they
were a three piece and the guy had a JUICY tone on his rick. I didn't get
a chance inspect his rig but I imagine the amp had something to do with
it. I always thought ricks sounded a bit thin but now I'm interested.
Anyone play a rickenbacker?