RE: (TV) serious guitar advice needed

the lead guitarist in my band plays a rick 6string
(whatever model paul weller used to play) & if
anything, it's closer to a gibson sound.
it's thick but can really bite (more like an SG than a
les paul) & it gets great feedback.
i still prefer my telecaster but the 2 make for a nice
mix...the rick definitely cuts thru a different sound
swath than the tele so the tones are very distinct
from one another.