Re: (TV) serious guitar advice needed

>Anyone play a rickenbacker?

Not me, but I think Michael Olcsvary may have some opinions about this
matter.

Well,yeah - I love mine - exquiste workmanship (it damn well better, it cost
a bundle), THE coolest looking guitar on the planet as far as I'm concerned,
sounds like nothing else (except another Rick 12) and you can get more than
that jingle jangle sound out of it if you work with the guitar and amp (why
anyone would want to is another story, but hey).  That said, Verlaine,
Hendrix or Clapton on a Rick 360 would still sound like Verlaine, Hendrix or
Clapton - it's the person, not the gear.
Oh, yeah - Rick necks are their own thing, especially on the 12-strings.  If
you're at all sloppy with your fretting, playing a Rick will inspire you to
practice dilligently to improve your technique, or to get a different
guitar.