Re: (TV) One Hundred Albums You Should Remove from Your Collection Immediately

At 10:53 PM +0100 7/26/02, Raymond wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: nick powell
 i would say Zen Arcade was probably one of the
 most influential albums of the 80s.

really Nick? name me one decent band influenced by HD _ever_ ?

Bitch Magnet, Squirrel Bait, Slint, Poster Children....

can i just say once again that Husker Du must be one of the most overrated
band ever (apart from Mercury Rev and the Flamin Lips perhaps) and that Bob
Mould is a bitter,unpleasant little 'erbert

I will say that their post-ZA work doesn't do much for me, even most of _New Day Rising_. And we've all heard the Mould stories, so, yeah, point conceded.

Grant Hart seems like a decent chap all the same and "Pink turns to blue"
was the best thing i ever heard HD do

A good song, indeed. Grant always seemed to have more of a pop heart than Mould--no bad thing at all.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/