(TV) Television in Seattle mini review

Hey people ! Television was in Seattle last night and they were great ! I
saw them the time before in 2001 at the EMP and last night's concert was
even better. It's weird because there was a markedly smaller crowd last
night than in 2001 but Television was hot from the get-go. I'll try to list
all the songs they played but I'm sure I'll leave something out. They
started with the oft mentioned swells-tune-up. They played numerous cuts
from Television (which I am the least familiar with and do not currently
have with me so I can't completely confirm...) 1880 or so, Call Mr. Lee, and
some others. Venus, Prove It, See No Evil, Marquee Moon. They played O Mi
Amore , and they played the new one I could sleep all day - which I really
like. They played at least two others that I was n't familiar with one of
which was quite complex with intense breaks and discordinate scales similar
to Friction. The other had this cool dual guitar lead - something you'd
expect from Lynard Skinnard ;-) . They also played Little Johnny Jewel.
Encore consisted of Psychotic Reaction then Glory. Somehow I got the feeling
that they were a little disappointed by the low turn out and the  rather
nerdy composition of the audience ( maybe that's just me projecting ) .
Either way they played an awesome concert. They all seemed in top form and
Tom Verlaine played way more than he did in 2001. This time I was close
enough to see how a lot of it is done. Verlaine and Lloyd truly share
separate parts of each song . On one song Verlaine will take the long solo
on another Lloyd will dominate . Melodic parts are shared by both. I was
really able to see both the differences and similarities in their playing
approaches. What a treat it was !
=- Russ