RE: (TV) Leo On-topic for change

Well I'm really glad that this tape has now become available to all and
sundry. Just as long as TV doesn't get on the phone...

The original tape which was given to me by a mystery man and featured the
following material:

Sixteen Tulips
The Scientist Writes A Letter (Version 1)
The Scientist Writes A Letter (Version 2)
Caveman Flashlight
Vanity Fair (short version)
Ah, Lee (real title not known)
One Time At Sundown
Anna
Vanity Fair (long version)
Anna (repeat of previous version)
Synth Piece 1 (from Anna recording)
Synth piece 2 (from Anna recording)
Call Me The
One Time At Sundown (version 2)

The tape is quite clearly not the complete set of sessions as Circling and
Smoother Than Jones were not on it.

The Scientist Writes A Letter (version 2) is known as the "Paris version".
One Time At Sundown (version 2) is known as "The London 1986 version".

The Scientist Writes A Letter (version1) appears to be the same as the
album version, though it clocks in at 5.21 and contains the spoken
passage which appears in 'The Paris Version'.

One Time At Sundown (version 1) also appears to be the album version, but
it too is longer than the officially released version, clocking in at 4.44.

The short version of Vanity Fair is the same as the long one except that it
fades much early, clocking in at 2.55.

The synth pieces are inconsequential being just 20 seconds and 12
seconds long.

And I think that's all.

Cliff

"Marc Bolan 1947-1977 A Chronology" by Cliff McLenehan
http://www.volny.cz/klif/index.htm