Re: (TV) More info..../Clash

Well I think the record companies own the masters because they paid for the
record to be made. I guess unless you sell enough to pay back the record
company they
own the masters, but I don't think that has anything to do with the songs on
the masters, just the physical master tapes. So unless the Clash sold the
publishing rights to the songs, they have control. Too bad this didn't come
up in June when I was in London, I could have asked Mick Jones. :)
That's why all those Beatles songs were used in commercials , because
Michael Jackson owned the rights and sold them to the advertisers.