(TV) I raise you / Ms Secret X / Only sober guy at Barbeque

Philip,

I'll see your $900 trillion and raise you 1 copy of "Quote, Unquote".

Ms Secret X,

Why would TV release a non-Clearmountain version if he really
preferred the Clearmountain mix? Answer: Was it to prevent bootleggers
from cashing in on this version?

Also, why would TV in a 1979-1981 interview [which I can't seem
to put my finger on at the moment] claim the record company changed
his preferred mix (TV claimed his mix "..was mixed too hot  and was
deemed unacceptable for radio ....")?

"NYR: And then what happens when the sound reaches vinyl?
I understand you're disappointed with the way the pressing turned out.

TV; Well, Elektra is more disappointed than I am. It's the
whole vinyl shortage thing. The quality of vinyl is poor
because of the oil companies. I was really shocked to
hear the difference between the tape and the pressing"

	Leo

"Sort of funny" quasi-Television story:

I was at a Labor Day Weekend barbeque in Cambridge Sunday
night, and my office mate who was also there decided to have a
little fun at my exp[ense.

He privately told this woman who was an old friend of his
to engage me in conversation and then casually start asking
questions about Tom Verlaine.

My response:  "Tom who?  Never heard of the guy!"

Then I meet the woman's husband, Bill, a nice guy in early 40s
who has worked (as a volunteer) at the Orpheum Theater in Boston
for last 20+ years (old decrepit former movie palace that holds
2800 and where the Rolling Stones are playing next Sunday).

This guy Bill had seen just about every rock act over the years at the
Orpheum or other Boston venues. We were trading stories on mid 80s The
Smiths shows, and Roxy Music and Bowie shows from late 1970s - early 1980s
when he started talking about Television and TV.  He kept saying "Everybody
always talks about how great the guitar playing on Matthew Sweet's album
"Girlfriend" is and the fools don't realize that is freakin' Tom Verlaine.

I told him he meant Richard Lloyd TV's co-star in Television; he'd kind of
look at me and then 2 minutes later he'd start babbling about Tom's killer
guitar playing with Matthew Sweet including live tours he's seen in Beantown.
Then I'd ---like a broken record----repeat that he meant Richard Lloyd etc.,
This happened three times before I threw in the towel on the convesation.