Re: (TV) turning rebellion into money

Yr right. I must have the AC in my Jaguar up too high. Fking heatwave. I
forgot - at the end of the Smirnoff commercial they say, "drink responsibly."
My bad. You didn't answer my question though: what do the lyric to London
Calling mean?

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 17:08:29 +0100 Raymond <ray@wavewalker.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

> what an utter and complete crock of horseshit !
> the Clash were one of the
> most idealistic bands ever who cared
> passionately for their fans ,who
> refused to promote their singles by miming on
> commercial tv
> while every other so called punk act would have
> sold their granny just to
> get their single playlisted.They followed the
> kind of kamikaze "career" plan
> which
> ensured they never made money even from their
> records at the time and
> have consistently refused to reform again
> despite yearly multi-million pound offers from
> promoters ...i feel they're
> actually
> one of the few acts from that time to have
> totally maintained their dignity
> fer cryin ' out
>
> you're talking through yer arse

It's all that sugury malt beverage.