(TV) Turning rebellion into even more money

The worst example I can think of is the appalling ways that poor
Hendrix's music and life have been used by anyone and everyone to make a
buck/quid or whatever. The guy made three gigantic albums and some
absolutely astonishing, revolutionary sounds - if "Voodoo Child (Slight
Return)" isn't the most thrilling 5 minutes and 13 seconds of perfect
guitar-rush pop/rock/blues/soul/jazz genius you've ever heard then your
ears are faulty - and now every little thing he ever committed to tape
has been squeezed out to make a little cash for some greedy bastard.

There's just been some car ad. over here featuring some over-priced hunk
of crap being driven around with Henrix's face and music superimposed in
clever-clever digital eye/ear-candy. The strap line? "Inspired by the
music of Jimi Hendrix"

The ad agency has since revealed that, well,.. in fact, it wasn't,
necessarily. But by then of course all we Hendrix fans have rushed out
and bought one.

The latest:

http://www.authentichendrix.com/clothing.htm

Axis: Bold As Love Board Shorts, anyone?

(What was that, Ray, you'll take six pairs?)