Re: (TV) Off Topic (I think)

At 12:10 AM +0100 9/6/02, Keith Allison wrote:
I've just received an exclusive email (well, OK... Spam) asking me to
apply for my Green Card: ...
What's the matter, is everyone over there moving out or something?

Well, they've been deporting all the people they can find with visa violations, so I expect that there are some open slots.

Of course, it doesn't really work that way, and I'm sure this is just a massive scam to defraud the hopeful. This brings up another point--does the rest of the world *really* think of the US as the land of opportunity anymore? I thought we had this little public relations problem in the rest of the world of late.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/