(TV) TV: Big Bad Love Soundtrack

Here's some minor info on TV's contributions
to the Big Bad Love Soundtrack.

	Leo
http://www.bigbadlove.net/music.html

6. SLEEPWALKIN'
(Tom Verlaine)

Tom Verlaine guitar
Patrick A. Derivaz bass
Bill Ficca drums

Produced by Tom Verlaine
Recorded in 1991 at Acoustilog Studio, New York City
Engineer: Mario Salvati

Every now and then you run into the cult of the bard of Television.
You meet a person who worships Tom Verlaine. Jay Rabinowitz used this tune
when we were cutting Betti DeLoreo in and pretty soon we couldn't do
without it, so Debra tracked him down. This song sounds like how I feel
when I put on a fedora and pants with real deep pockets. Tom Verlaine just
buckdances over decades of musical style.

11. SPIRITUAL
(Tom Verlaine)

String arrangement by Stephen Prutsman

Tom Verlaine guitar
Kronos Quartet
David Harrington violin
John Sherba violin
Hank Dutt viola
Jennifer Culp cello

Produced by Stephen Prutsman and Bob Levy
Recorded March 2001 at Skywalker Sound, Nicasio, CA
Engineer: Bob Levy
Assistant Engineer: Judy Kirchner
Recordist and Pro Tools Editor: Andri j.h. Zweers

We were all sitting on the mixing stage with Tom Verlaine. Kronos Quartet
was on the phone from a studio in California with a work-up of their response
to Tom's song. David Harrington had wanted to do something with Tom and
when they finished there was this silence and Tom says to David, 3,000 miles
away, "I don't think that pizzicato thing is working for me." Another silence and
then David says, "Tom, I think that's the speaker phone cutting out." I think falling
in love is like that, only with brass and cannon.