Re: (TV) Slightly Off Topic: Strange Request / On Topic: TV's Kidnapping & Withdrawal / Romantic Advice for a Musical Maverick

--- "Casey, Leo J" <CaseyL@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> wrote:
> My closest friend has advised against me making and then sending her a
> a tape/compilation of TV/Television songs at this early stage as that
> could be fatal.

I wouldn't make the mix-tape move until at least 2 months of steady dating.
Although, thinking back, the woman I wound-up marrying was probably the *only*
girl I ever dated for whom I did *not* make a mix tape, yet she's the most
musically open-minded and best dancer of the bunch.

> This brings up the whole subject for those on MM List who are/were married or
> are/were in a (serious) relationship:  having strong preferences and great
> passion
> for music do/did you have to 'work extra hard' at not offending your
> wives'/girlfriends' musical tastes, and what is the secret of getting your
> beloved to put up with' your Television/TV predilections?

I ease them in with Luna - so much so that when my future wife first heard the
1992 Television LP, she said, "This sounds like Luna." (She also said the same
thing when she heard the Kinks' doing "Set Me Free" on TO THE BONE).

--Philip

> PS:  Regarding why Verlaine is doing the liner notes of the late Sept 2002
> re-release of his eponymous first solo album:  He never actually agreed
> to write these notes; what in fact occurred was that he finally relented
> after being kidnapped in front of his Village apartment and then denied
> coffee and cigarettres for two days.
> http://www.ccmusic.com/

Hahahahahahaha...