RE: (TV) Slightly Off Topic

Hey Murray,

Great response. I had to forward it to my wife so she could see what my favorite list was like. The comment reminded me of the Sam Kinison line "I had to drink a six pack a night to keep from cutting your head off and stuffing it in a bowling ball bag".

Leo- I used to think it was important and imperative that my girlfriends and wives loved the same music as I do. I got married right out of college and subjected her to whatever music I wanted (Television/Ubu/Wire/Gang of Four were played heavily then) with impunity. Who knows if she liked 'em (can't remember), but we didn't stay married for even 4 years. In the ensuing 15 years of bachelorhood, I often stopped seeing women who had what I deemed "bad musical taste". Odd that I would meet and marry a woman with both a Kenny G and a Celine Dion cd and it wouldn't matter. She would no more play me these than I would play Captain Beefheart for her. We intersect on jazz, blues, reggae and Stax/Volt soul, and music is only one thing in life. Yes, it's my favorite thing, but I no longer insist that others share my musical tastes exactly.

We'll celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary next week in Sydney. I'll be unsubbing soon to go on that vacation, but I look forward all of your posts when I return.

Best regards,

Brian

Hey Murray,

Thanks for the straight-from the hip advice, just one question
Are you (happily) married?   :>}

	Leo

when I have a problem like that I just listen to the voices in my head >and this is what they told me give her the tape, if she doesnt like it, >rip her ears off and shove them down her throat - she obviously doesnt >use them anyway