(TV) Drumming on Flash/ Leaves RE: CD Watching: Wrong mix for new reis sue of Tom Verlaine's debut?

Not to beat this to death---but what the hell, the list's
been relatively quiet lately---I was listening to the
Collector's Choice cd of TV's 1st solo again last night
and I noticed something that neither Philip nor anyone
else has mentioned yet:

The drumming (originally by Jay Dee Daugherty) on the songs
Flash Lightning and Red Leaves has been totally changed.  They
almost sound like a drum machine and/or snare[?] drums instead
Daugherty's the original bass drum. Anyone else notice/hear this?
It sounds really sounds to me  like Daugherty's original
kick-drum and floor-tom drum have been mixed way, way down and J.D's
snare-drum has been mixed way, way  up. (IMHO this change on these 2
songs is for the worse---as it reminds me a little of the drum sound
on the LP/CD of 'Cover'.

Also--Philip, where exactly on the Collector's Choice cd do you
hear distorted guitar?  Is it just on one song and for a few seconds?

	Leo

PS:  Can someone tell me more about these CD Watchdog people/Org please.

PPS:  My world is falling apart; my car died Sunday
(Toyota engine seized up due to dying oil pump, so
now I can not listen to my made-cassette TV's Collector's Choice!