Re: (TV) conclusion on the TOM VERLAINE remaster...

That's my gripe, too. You can't listen to "Souvenir" or "Flash Lightning" and
not tell me that this mix isn't noticeably different (whoa, double-negative
overload). I think tinkering with an album without alerting the consumer is
under-handed. I didn't like it when Richard Hell tinkered with BLANK
GENERATION, but at least there they identified the fact that they were
substituting one track for another.

I still think this might have been a mistake - getting the wrong tapes from
Elektra. Otherwise, don't you think Collector's Choice would have advertised it
as "Restored", like Rhino did with LOADED a few years ago? E.g., "Now restored
to Tom Verlaine's original mix"?

--Philip