Re: (TV) New Music

--- "Philip P. Obbard" <pobbard@yahoo.com> wrote:
> There isn't a bad song on this whole record. The
> first Lloyd record I heard was
> FIELD OF FIRE, back in 1994 or so, and my lasting
> impression was *not*
> positive. I thought it was awful. But I think COVER
> DOESN'T MATTER and ALCHEMY
> are both great, enjoyable records, so maybe it's
> time to revisit FOF.

Actually, in retrospect, TCDM is not as good as I
originally thought.  Several rather weak songs (sorry
Richard).  FOF is damn good, especially the title song.

=====
The only girl I've ever loved/Was born with roses in her eyes/But then they buried her alive/One evening 1945/With just her sister at her side/And only weeks before the guns/All came and rained on everyone/Now she's a little boy in Spain/Playing pianos filled with flames/On empty rings around the sun/All sing to say my dream has come
                      --Neutral Milk Hotel