RE: (TV) TV Exposing Stories? / Leonard Cohen on topic! / Warren Zevon

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip P. Obbard
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 11:16 AM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) TV Exposing Stories? / Alyler / Architecture quote

>I have a better idea - you should play a vinyl copy of
>TOM VERLAINE for her; then play her the new Collector's
>Choice CD reissue. Don't tell her that you're
>making the switch. If she can't hear the difference between
>the two, your relationship is doomed.
>(It's a little variation on the Princess and the Pea).--Philip

Ut, OH! I am beginning to think I should defer and just play
her Albert Ayler or Leonard Cohen instead.

Besides my 'new' 1989 Nissan Maxima does not have a cd player
(maybe I could 'trick' her into letting me into her house to use
her cd player/hi fi system for a listening experiment.

By the way, (Philip and other MM listers):

I **can not recommend too highly** a Leonard Cohen song
(also sung by him with a full band) that is the opening
track of a great cd soundtrack of an Alan Rudolph movie
(there's the TV on-topic reference) entitled "Love At Large".

The actual Leonard Cohen song, "Ain't No Cure For Love," is from
1988 and I have never seen this particular on Cohen's albums
(anyone know for sure?) The song, unlike what the AMG site (see below)
claims, is funny and light in tone.

AMG: "This is an interesting soundtrack, blending the talents of
Mark Isham, Warren Zevon, Anne Archer, and Leonard Cohen, among others.
Zevon, billed with Isham." http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll

	Leo

PS:  Unfortunately I heard on news about 3 weeks ago that Zevon has
about 2 months to live (cancer).