(TV) (OT) Fast 'N Bulbous

Folks,

Way off topic, but I seem to remember that there were a few Beefheart fans on
the list.

Sunday night I caught "Fast 'N Bulbous: The Captain Beefheart Project" in
Columbus. Very cool show. It's former Magic Band guitarist Gary Lucas with a
bassist, drummer and horn section.

First half of the show is Lucas showing a collection of rare-ish Beefheart
clips, and the second half is an instrumental run thorugh a dozen or so
Beefheart numbers (largely from TROUT MASK REPLICA) done very well. Yeah, not
having that voice does hurt it, but it works better than I could've figured.

Certainly worth a night out if it comes to your town. It was described as "a
work in progress", so it looks like they're learning to expand the set list.

       -- Owen

Owen Gwilliam
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/otg
http://shadowy.brainiac.com (The Shadowy Site On A Shadowy Web)

"Thank you for coming to the concert ... you don't call, you don't write, but
you look good ..."
    -- Tom Waits addressing the crowd at a 1999 Vancouver concert