Re: (TV) Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful?

all i've got is the best of on cd (which is still in print), but dude, i believe the king biscuit flower hour live disc that came out ca. 96 is still available...it's a quality live show featuring everything great about em.
& c. butler still releases music...some of it actually quite great.

 Scott Simpson wrote:Michael Moore said that Americans are the only people who don't get irony.

I guess that's the only way to explain how Mr. Ficca's 80's project, the
Waitresses, still don't have the recognition they deserve.

For my money, the Waitresses were among the best bands of the 80's and I
would stack their concept album, Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful?, against
anything you got. Catchy bubble gum pop tunes with acid-spewing lyrics
skewering the ideals of 1950's Americana. Guess what, those children of
the 50's, raised in Levittowns, grew up to find the future not so wonderful
after all.

But most people missed the irony and just saw them as a vapid one-hit
wonder. BTW, within the context of the album, "I Know What Boys Like", is
meant to be (and is) sardonic.

The album is long out of print and my tape of it is dead. If anybody has a
crisp copy of WTW? or any live shows, I would love it if you could hook a
brother up.

Scott Simpson
NYC