RE: (TV) The future of Burma

At 12:37 AM -0500 11/3/02, Scott Simpson wrote:
I remember loving them back in the early 80's.  Last I heard was that Roger
Miller had rocknrollers disease and either had to quit rocknroll or go
deaf.

He definitely has moved toward lower-volume situations, and I think it was in _The Big Takeover_ article that someone observed that even with the hearing protection, there's no way of filtering out the sound waves that get in through the nose.

OTOH, I asked him if the prime factor in Burma continuing or not was the volume, and he said it wasn't. Apparently the combination of hearing protection, screening off the drums, and standing behind/next to the amps is enough to keep it from damaging his hearing further. I recall that list members who have seen the reunion shows mentioned that the whole band seemed to be enjoying themselves, and not suffering.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/