RE: (TV) CD of Cover/ More Than Anyone Would Want To Know About V ersions of 'Five Miles of You'

I have a third theory: Virgin just grabbed the first tapes they found to make
the CD, and for whatever reason, an unfaded, "short" mix of "Five Miles Of You"
was on that tape. Maybe this *was* the same tape the LP/cassette was originally
made from, but someone had faded "Five Miles" later during the production.
Maybe this was a rejected early mix that wound-up on a tape and was never
marked correctly. Maybe, like Brian Wilson's 1988 debut, no-one ever bothered
to compile all the takes that constituted the finished LP into a single tape,
so they had to wade through piles of alternate mixes and takes a decade later
to make a CD reissue (and they still got it wrong).

My point is that I doubt Virgin made this mistake "on purpose". I don't think
they had any intention of changing the COVER reissue in any way from the
original LP or cassette release. So that rules out #b. And I doubt that TWO
strange mix-ups would have happened during editing that would have yielded
scenario #a. Instead, I suspect Virgin used the same tapes they had used in
1984, but someone forgot to fade the 4:19 'truncated' mix of "Five Miles" at
4:16 like they did in 1984.

--Philip