RE: (TV) Elvis namechecks Television

I shall complete the 70s London triumvirate of Costello, Parker and Jackson.
Am I the only one who hears a similarity between 'Venus De Milo' and Joe
Jackson's 1978 hit 'Is She Really Going Out With Him?' - the intro, the
basic melody line of the verses, the band's call and response, even the end
of the bridge going back into the verse?

Have never seen Costello comment on Television, in
> addition to
> another character from the 70's London scene (and one of my all time
> favourites) - Graham Parker, who, asked about Television and
> Patti Smith and
> their kinds, stated that he didn't "get it".

---