Re: (TV) Check it out, vinyl purists

At 8:15 PM -0500 11/26/02, eRacerX wrote:
Almost seems worth trying, but not 'quite there yet', and loaded with the
potential for error.

You're better off going with a regular turntable with a good arm and cartridge. But maybe this will work eventually.

Any recommendation on digitizing my old vinyl? I've made a few recordings,
but I am just not happy with the results so far, and the snap, crackle pops
do NOT disappear without some significant signal loss.
Any opinions?

I've removed pops and clicks the hard way--going directly to the spikes in 1x magnification, and taking their volume down. Theoretically you're zeroing out the signal, but pops and clicks are by their very nature transient, and you don't notice the "missing" sound at all. 'Course on a record with lots of pops and clicks, you'll be doing this for a long time, but it's the only way that I know of to leave the rest of the signal unmolested.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/