Re: (TV) Geez, it's been quiet - did I break the list again?

At 9:40 AM -0500 1/11/03, Joe Hartley wrote:
So how's everyone doing?

Slowly clawing my way back to health after getting *that cold* that everyone seems to have--the one that doesn't leave for two weeks (and which turned into bronchitis for at least one person I know).

One thread I've been meaning to start is driving tape/CD mixes. We had to buy a new car last month, and I had time to burn a quick driving CD before we picked it up. Here was my shot at it:

"Yes! I Am A Long Way From Home": Mogwai
"Hazy Jane II": Nick Drake
"Never Meant": American Football
"Miss Maple": Coctails (from Peel, a great but overlooked pop record)
"Postcard": Coctails
"Bat Radar": Polvo
"The Good, The Bad And The Ugly": John Zorn
"Zero Stars": Poster Children (from DDD --well worth seeking out)
"Little Chang, Big City": Seam (In a just world, this would have been a monster hit.)
"Dead Air": Silkworm ( Lifestyle is a fine, fine album)
"Jackals, False Grails/ The Lonesome Era": Pavement
"Oh Oh I Love Her So": The Ramones
"Fell In Love With A Girl": The White Stripes
"This Town Needs A Fire": Poster Children
"Silver Rocket": Sonic Youth
"Titan Up": Polvo
"Monkey Doll": Fuck (There really is a band called this; they're great slow rock)
"Hawaii 5-0": Naked City (unofficial recording)
"Cotton Girl": Silkworm (Libertine is very close to perfect.)
"Perfume-V": Pavement
"Get Higher": Seam
"Captain Moondog": Muddy Frankenstein (a Japanese take on the Stooges/MC5/Mitch Ryder kind of thing--fantastic)
"California Sun": The Ramones
"Nitro": Dick Dale

No TV this time out, alas--I'd wanted to put on the Blow-Up version of LJJ, but that 15-minute length would have knocked a lot of other contenders off. And in retrospect I should have changed the order a bit.

So what playlists would yinz all recommend?
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/