(TV) Videos /' Hummable' Melodies/hooks in Television's & Verlaine's music

Mark G. Ryan said:

> Does anyone know if any label ever offered
>to make a video for Television?

Not sure if Capitol records paid for it but the
"Mr. Lee" video been discussed on this List in past.
There were also videos for "Town Called Walker" and "Bomb".

>Uh, not to be rude, but if you want to be commercially
>successful, it helps to write an occasional melody
>that people can sing.  melody .... it is important
>if you want to be  popular.

I think this hoary argument that Television or Verlaine
never made it commercially because they didn't write
melodic enough tunes is too simplistic.

What about "Glory" or "Days" or "1880 Or So" [not the 23 minute
version] or maybe even "See No Evil" or "Venus" or "Call Mr. Lee".

Verlaine as a solo artist has also written several catchy, more-pop
oriented tunes: "Swim" or even "Penetration" [despite its
title], "Lindi-Lu", "Let Go The Mansion" [could sing this to
toddlers to get them to fall asleep], and maybe I'd even through in
"Always" [but might have too many different melodies/hooks].

	Leo