Re: (TV) 3 Oct. 1998 The Bowery Shows vs. Music for Film Project / Maurice

At 12:50 PM -0500 1/24/03, Casey, Leo J wrote:
Maurice don't worry-- I know you're extremely busy
with other stuff yourself---maybe you could post
something in two months or so?

Maybe.  It's a matter of juggling all the stuff I'm doing now.
This may seem strange but I find these Bowery Ballroom
show tunes looser [in a good way] and thus for me
'superior' to the recordings of the Music for Film
programs that I'd previously heard.

The most recent MFF show was vastly better than the '99 Columbus show. It's possible that even though Tom used much of the same material, he had to devote a lot of his attention to the screen and to timing the pieces (in that way different from the looser non-film versions). But the evidence from Pittsburgh was that he and Jimmy are *much* more comfortable with the timing, and were able to play quite spiritedly.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/