Re: (TV) Videos /' Hummable' Melodies/hooks in Television's &

At 6:21 PM -0800 1/24/03, Mark G. Ryan wrote:
Maurice Rickard <maurice@mac.com> wrote:
 Yay!  What do I win, Johnny?

The Britney Spears action figure doll, of course!
And an honorary membership in the Music Industry
Association.  And a date with Debbie of Zappa fame.

Touchi, sir.  This has turned out to be a painful victory.

In a semi-on-topic thought, I'll note that back when the third TV album came out, I was playing it for some friends and some acquaintances who fell into the "just like most radio listeners" demographic (age and taste inclinations), and one of them quite liked "Beauty Trip," finding it danceable. It made me think that that tune might have had a shot, given a spot on the right stations. Such was not to be, of course.
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/