Re: (TV) Videos /' Hummable' Melodies/hooks in Television's & Verlaine's Music

At 12:06 PM -0800 1/25/03, Brian Young wrote:
But I never considered Eno a superstar recording artist. He is better known as a producer, and his association with U2 elevated his name recognition more than anything else

And assuming he got points on those U2 records, it undoubtedly elevated his bank account.

Oh yeah- one other thing: I love Eno's Ambient albums because there is a menace, a darkness to them that you don't find in those who took his ideas, watered them down, sweetened them up and turned them into the loathsome New Age genre.

I'm very fond of _Discreet Music_ and _Another Green World_. Sadly, my vinyl's getting a bit worn and I've heard that the CD releases are badly mastered. Apparently _On Land_ is a big influence on Quine, but it's not a record I've heard. (I've been meaning to chase it down.)
--
Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/