Re: (TV) Television: the name - and other stuff

I'm with Jesse on Bacharach - he's no Salieri. Who couldn't love a song with a
title like "Me Japanese Boy I Love You"? Or, more seriously, who can resist
"This Guy's in Love With You"? (Don't all answer at once.)

As for McCartney, the poor guy never gets any respect. If "Let It Be" were
thought of as a Lennon composition, it would be widely regarded as the best
Beatles song, ever. Sure, he's got some lousy solo stuff, but when's the last
time you sat through MIND GAMES, SOMETIME IN NEW YORK CITY, or ROCK 'N' ROLL?

McCartney's RUN DEVIL RUN is still one of my favorite (and easily the most
surprising) records of the late 1990s. "Holy smoke / A land sakes alive! / I
never thought this could happen to me..."

--Philip